Saturday, June 25, 2011

i might be losing my mind

it's amazing how restless i've been. the transition from working 10 hour days to not working at all leaves me with my thoughts and my hormones and right now my brain is going crazy.

i saw the woody allen film 'manhattan' today and the main character's narcissism is one of the main ideas that i pulled from it. at 42 his search for a relationship leads him back to a 17 year old girl whom worshiped him as this  'intellectual'. it really got me thinking about what men and women value in potential partners, lovers, and in marriage. i can't help but start to wonder if the act of wanting to love and to be loved is inherently selfish.


maybe i missed the point of the film. also i can't help but wonder if there is any coincidence that woody allen ended up leaving his wife for his adopted daughter later in life (or maybe it had already happened at the time of directing this movie).

i've found odd ways to bide my time so that i can leave my room. i've been writing a bunch of letters.. and subsequently used up the last of my latin popstar postage stamps lmao. 



I've also played late-night croquet with tyler. the other interns are in Sante Fe New Mexico camping.
 

annnnd i dyed my hair pink. i think i might have to bleach a bit more though my roots are getting longgg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment